Author Topic: NY - VT - ME - NH - NY  (Read 8278 times)

Offline billday

  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 1341
NY - VT - ME - NH - NY
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:54:18 PM »
Got in a tour of northern New England: From home (NYC suburbs) to my wife's family's summer place in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom, to some friends on the Maine seacoast, to some other friends in southern New Hampshire, then home.

The roads up north are great. Even the dull ones serve up twisty, pretty stretches at the most unexpected places.

On this trip I realized that the only time I take pictures is (1) when I get gas or (2) when I pull up some place to pee. So, sorry for the lack of scenery.

Rode through the worst rain of my life on the third leg, a good part of it on the Maine Turnpike (I-95). Stayed in the right lane and kept an eye on my mirrors for upcoming semis: when they went by it was like getting shoved in the shoulder. Also noticed how many people don't know to turn their lights on in the rain, but luckily I didn't rear-end anyone in the murk and mist.

I've had little time to ride this summer, but this trip more than made up for it.
  • New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: NY - VT - ME - NH - NY
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:26:49 AM »
greetings...

thanks for posting up... now i gotts to go find me some whole belly clams...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline MonkeyMcBean

  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Posts: 137
Re: NY - VT - ME - NH - NY
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 10:28:20 PM »
I like your tank bag. What kind is it?
  • North Dakota, USA
  • 1993 k75s
This is it. F*** it. It is what it is.

Offline billday

  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 1341
Re: NY - VT - ME - NH - NY
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 08:42:15 AM »
It's made by Bags Connection, the Enduro model. I bought it from Twisted Throttle. It fits the K tank great, it's really well made, it's really waterproof (in the main compartment, thanks to the inner bag), and the main compartment is expandable (you see it here in "small" or "normal" mode).
  • New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Offline bizzaro

  • ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • Posts: 583
  • co pilot
Re: NY - VT - ME - NH - NY
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 09:27:08 PM »
IF i knowd you were com-in I'd a baked a cake! nice ride. How'd ya like the shitty Vermont roads? Nice twisties but the roads SUCK in a lot of places! :curvy-road
  • Vermont
  • Current:1994 BMW K1100LT Previous: 1982 Yamaha virago 920,1973 Honda CB550,1976 Yamaha 650 Special
See Ya in the Twisties,
 Bizz

Offline billday

  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 1341
Re: NY - VT - ME - NH - NY
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 08:48:24 PM »
IF i knowd you were com-in I'd a baked a cake! nice ride. How'd ya like the shitty Vermont roads? Nice twisties but the roads SUCK in a lot of places! :curvy-road

Yeah my favorite feature is the frost heaves running parallel to the road  :mbird    The unpaved roads are thought-provoking too. But what a beautiful state.
  • New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Tags: