Author Topic: CheezConsin MotoBricking  (Read 237525 times)

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2020, 09:54:04 AM »
greetings...

they put it down again wednesday... then gotts an inch of snow... then rained most of the day thursday... butts its going down to 15 tonight with 45 high tomorrow...

gonna getts the rs eleven hundert out of hybernation saturday for a shakedown and leak check...

then dawn to dusk motobricking sunday...

are you in...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Rcgreaves

  • ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • Posts: 974
  • "I'd rather be flying, but this will do nicely"
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2020, 12:51:02 PM »
I propose breakfast in Madison -time TBD
  • Livingston in Southwest WI. USA-"With the good earth all around."
  • 94' K75S, 85' GL1200 Aspencade, 96' VFR750F, 01' GL1800. Restoring: 95' K1100RS, 83' R80RT NEW: Motorvation Formula II
Doing “better than I deserve"

Offline volador

  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 1167
  • NEEDS MORE CHROME
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »
I propose breakfast in Madison -time TBD

may be a jazzercize class followed by a beets, hemp oil, apple, baby kale, flax seeds smoothie instead...
  • NYC NY
  • 1991 K100RS 1993 K75S ABS
5 BOROUGHS SISYPHEAN SOCIETY  MAINTAINING THE OBSESSION

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2020, 12:37:55 AM »
greetings...

where and when... anywhere that allows smoking at the table is good with me...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2020, 08:37:50 PM »
ok... no where and when...

so... im heading for the driftless in the am... meeting up with herseyb along the way... he is busy in the afternoon... i gotta be back to dodge county at 4p...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Rcgreaves

  • ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • Posts: 974
  • "I'd rather be flying, but this will do nicely"
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2020, 08:45:07 PM »
I’m out-family stuff alas.
  • Livingston in Southwest WI. USA-"With the good earth all around."
  • 94' K75S, 85' GL1200 Aspencade, 96' VFR750F, 01' GL1800. Restoring: 95' K1100RS, 83' R80RT NEW: Motorvation Formula II
Doing “better than I deserve"

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2020, 09:39:23 AM »
greetings...

rodger that...

will getts a lobster benedict for you... ha ha ha...

rolling at 38deg... yeeeehaaaa...


* Screenshot_20200308-083717.jpg (23.44 kB . 658x576 - viewed 849 times)


* 20200308_114505.jpg (74.25 kB . 576x576 - viewed 840 times)


* 20200308_140515.jpg (47.04 kB . 576x576 - viewed 856 times)

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline herseyb

  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Posts: 366
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2020, 06:08:54 PM »
Nice ride!
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline Rcgreaves

  • ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • Posts: 974
  • "I'd rather be flying, but this will do nicely"
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2020, 11:24:55 PM »
Where about?  Sorry I missed out
  • Livingston in Southwest WI. USA-"With the good earth all around."
  • 94' K75S, 85' GL1200 Aspencade, 96' VFR750F, 01' GL1800. Restoring: 95' K1100RS, 83' R80RT NEW: Motorvation Formula II
Doing “better than I deserve"

Offline volador

  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 1167
  • NEEDS MORE CHROME
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2020, 03:09:17 AM »
greetings...

* 20200308_140515.jpg (47.04 kB . 576x576 - viewed 856 times)

j o

petrol cap looks opposite of should be...
  • NYC NY
  • 1991 K100RS 1993 K75S ABS
5 BOROUGHS SISYPHEAN SOCIETY  MAINTAINING THE OBSESSION

Offline herseyb

  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Posts: 366
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2020, 07:06:15 AM »
Where about?  Sorry I missed out

Not sure all where Johnny went, but we started down in Belleville and cut up 92 to Mt Horeb, then went up JG, from Stewart lake county park to Brigham county park.   Then cut through Vermont Township on Zwettler and Sweeny roads, up HH, Coon Rock to Hi Point, to American Players Theatre.  Then I snuck down county T and looped around the far side of Blue Mounds, down through the south part of JG where it goes along the upper Sugar River and was back home 115 miles later.

Hope to see ya out next time!

Roughly this:

* 3-8-20.png (43.77 kB . 720x576 - viewed 736 times)
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline Hilltopper46

  • ^ Motobrick Curious
  • Posts: 95
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2020, 10:56:41 AM »
Not sure all where Johnny went, but we started down in Belleville and cut up 92 to Mt Horeb, then went up JG, from Stewart lake county park to Brigham county park.   Then cut through Vermont Township on Zwettler and Sweeny roads, up HH, Coon Rock to Hi Point, to American Players Theatre.  Then I snuck down county T and looped around the far side of Blue Mounds, down through the south part of JG where it goes along the upper Sugar River and was back home 115 miles later.

Hope to see ya out next time!

That looks like a great ride - I have been on some of those roads but it has been many years. I only made about 37 miles, but it was a fun 37 miles. There is still a lot of sand left over from road treatment on the corners and between the lanes in this part of the state.


  • East Troy, WI
  • 1995 K1100LT
Current bike - 1995 K1100LT - It RUNS!. You says Plum, DMV says Purple, BMW says Navana Violet.

Previously: 1982 XJ650 Yamaha, 1987 GoldWing, 1995 GoldWing, 2001 FLSTC, 2003 Goldwing

Offline herseyb

  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Posts: 366
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2020, 11:07:20 AM »
Yeah a few of the smaller roads were sandy enough for some oh shit moments, but I never actually broke traction.  That ZZ looks like a nice ride.  I like hiking the Kettle Moraine.

When I was a kid we used to go to the Elegant Farmer as a day trip - I even had a birthday party train ride up there!  Nice area.
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2020, 01:15:18 PM »
greetings...

we often bust out that kettle area by eagle...

ping me...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Rcgreaves

  • ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • Posts: 974
  • "I'd rather be flying, but this will do nicely"
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2020, 01:44:34 PM »
My son low sided his R6 on JG near Stewart Lake-gotta gitz him more time drifting gravel.  Right in my back yard. 
  • Livingston in Southwest WI. USA-"With the good earth all around."
  • 94' K75S, 85' GL1200 Aspencade, 96' VFR750F, 01' GL1800. Restoring: 95' K1100RS, 83' R80RT NEW: Motorvation Formula II
Doing “better than I deserve"

Offline herseyb

  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Posts: 366
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2020, 02:16:17 PM »
Yeah there are some no joke turns on JG and the road conditions can be dicey af - I hope he's doing ok! 

J to JG is my favorite hour and a half lunch break ride out of Madison, get lunch at the Grump Troll and zip back to the office on rt 18.    JG lulls you into confidence with a few 25 mile an hour turns you can take at 50mph, and then mixes in a few 15 MPH turns that you better take at 25.

I drifted my k11 going across my muddy lawn getting it out of the shed saturday night - no thanks! Maybe on a DRZ400.
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline Rcgreaves

  • ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • Posts: 974
  • "I'd rather be flying, but this will do nicely"
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2020, 01:41:15 AM »
Yeah there are some no joke turns on JG and the road conditions can be dicey af - I hope he's doing ok! 

J to JG is my favorite hour and a half lunch break ride out of Madison, get lunch at the Grump Troll and zip back to the office on rt 18.    JG lulls you into confidence with a few 25 mile an hour turns you can take at 50mph, and then mixes in a few 15 MPH turns that you better take at 25.

I drifted my k11 going across my muddy lawn getting it out of the shed saturday night - no thanks! Maybe on a DRZ400.

Weather is warming, time for some social distancing. 
  • Livingston in Southwest WI. USA-"With the good earth all around."
  • 94' K75S, 85' GL1200 Aspencade, 96' VFR750F, 01' GL1800. Restoring: 95' K1100RS, 83' R80RT NEW: Motorvation Formula II
Doing “better than I deserve"

Offline herseyb

  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Posts: 366
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2020, 08:37:46 AM »
I know! Saturday looks real nice.  Too bad none of my bricks work are road worthy, and I sold the Sportster cause it didn't fit me nice.. :mb2: boohoo   gonna take my trumpbux and get a japbike from this millenium.    :johnny
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2020, 08:50:41 AM »
ruckus or grom...

i bought night vision with my kennedy center carve out...
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline herseyb

  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Posts: 366
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2020, 10:29:40 AM »
nice.  for fun i like shooting with iron sights the most, so i don't have any glass.  limits my effective range, I guess, but I still put 'em on a paper plate at the long range @ yellowstone lake. :berninaor

I get why groms would be fun in a city - but I don't see why they cost so much even used!  Been side eyeing the VStrom 650s actually..   But I brazed the holes in my k75 tank shut, so if I can get the stubborn last bits of tank liner out i'll just have to see if i can find some big block dual sport ti0rs and some more fur.
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2020, 10:39:21 AM »
icebear... go getts you one...

you gotts lotts of room in the moto shed... filler up...


* icebear.jpg (61.94 kB . 768x444 - viewed 783 times)
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline herseyb

  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Posts: 366
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2020, 10:44:47 AM »
wouldn't mind being her aftermarket seat upgrade!!
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2020, 01:46:04 PM »
not bricking... butts jeeping around the horicon marsh...


* nuttybird.jpeg (80.49 kB . 672x576 - viewed 826 times)


* 32586.jpeg (30.58 kB . 768x512 - viewed 782 times)


* fancyduck02.jpeg (37.7 kB . 705x576 - viewed 784 times)


* fancyfduck01.jpeg (40.38 kB . 768x402 - viewed 815 times)


* 20200414_080144.jpg (53.98 kB . 576x576 - viewed 796 times)


* bigbirdsnestinghoriconmarsh.jpeg (58.03 kB . 768x576 - viewed 821 times)


* bigbirdsnestinghoriconmarshtakeflight02.jpeg (28.97 kB . 768x576 - viewed 805 times)


* 20200415_162400_005_01.jpg (41.17 kB . 576x576 - viewed 805 times)


* blueherroine8.jpeg (55.73 kB . 710x576 - viewed 797 times)


* pellysonbuttedemortisoshk9sh6.jpg (52.77 kB . 611x576 - viewed 839 times)
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline johnny

  • TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 7653
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2020, 11:03:52 AM »
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Rcgreaves

  • ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • Posts: 974
  • "I'd rather be flying, but this will do nicely"
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2020, 12:03:49 PM »
Wow over and over why are we not riding today?
  • Livingston in Southwest WI. USA-"With the good earth all around."
  • 94' K75S, 85' GL1200 Aspencade, 96' VFR750F, 01' GL1800. Restoring: 95' K1100RS, 83' R80RT NEW: Motorvation Formula II
Doing “better than I deserve"

Tags: