Author Topic: Rear brake line length  (Read 49 times)

Offline Los_gatos

  • Motobrick Curious
  • Posts: 32
Rear brake line length
« on: Today at 12:24:16 AM »
Does anyone know the length of brake hose needed to go directly from the rear caliper to rear master cylinder? I have a non abs that had some crazy long line on and am trying to replace it with stainless steel line. I tried the 280mm line from Euro motoelectrics, but it was too short. The 385mm seems like it should work, but wanted to see if anyone knows for sure. Also whether I should get the banjo end or the direct thread into MC/caliper.

Thanks.
  • Over there
  • 92 k75, 95 gs500

Offline Laitch

  • Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 11604
Re: Rear brake line length
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:16:46 PM »
Please clarify the length of "crazy long. Does your Brick have ABS? Does the hose you're replacing have banjo fittings?

I have a non-ABS Brick. The stainless steel replacement hose from caliper to rear master cylinder is approximately 330mm in length. It's fittings are the same on both ends. The hose in the photos below is rubber but the ss replacement has the same fittings.




  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 102,000 miles

Offline Los_gatos

  • Motobrick Curious
  • Posts: 32
Re: Rear brake line length
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:23:41 PM »
Perfect. Non abs. Mine line length was like 2-3 feet from the previous owner messing with it (I've pretty much saved this bike from the garbage). It had banjo bolts on it and a Magura master cylinder. Thanks again.
  • Over there
  • 92 k75, 95 gs500

Tags: brakes