Author Topic: Problem torquing bolts for final drive  (Read 3332 times)

Offline exscouse

  • Curious
  • Posts: 6
Problem torquing bolts for final drive
« on: June 10, 2012, 11:16:36 AM »
Hi guys, I need some help.

I lubed the drive splines of '87  k75s and am reassembling.
I'm trying to do things right but I don't have a lot of tools.
I'm unable to get the torque wrench in place to tighten the bolts connecting the final drive to swing arm because the wrench head is too large a diameter.
How do I torque these bolts? Or is "pretty tight" good enough?

Also, what is the significance of some fasteners having green paint applied? (e.g. Banjo Bolts on brake lines)

Do I need to use thread sealer, and if so when?

I appreciate your help.
'87 K75S

Offline frankenduck

  • Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Posts: 5513
Re: Problem torquing bolts for final drive
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
The factory uses paint on bolts to confirm they've been torqued correctly.

Just get them good and tight.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline exscouse

  • Curious
  • Posts: 6
Re: Problem torquing bolts for final drive
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:21:42 PM »
Thanks, I can do that.
I guess I'm overthinking this.
'87 K75S

Tags: