MOTOBRICK.COM
TECHNICAL MOTOBRICK WRENCHING In Remembrance of Inge K. => The Motobrick Workshop => Topic started by: TaosBrick on June 10, 2012, 04:17:07 PM
-
I wasn't able to photograph it, as it went back to normal before I could. But - for about an hour yesterday, when I would shift up from 3rd, I would find myself in "H" gear (does that stand for Hyperdrive?). From "H", I would then go up to 6th gear. Something I've always wanted, and have always wondered why BMW didn't equip it with one, because the engine is certainly capable of it.
It had been near or over º90 that afternoon, but I'd ridden in higher temps for longer periods without anything like this happening before.
Anyone ever experience anything like this? :loco:
-
The usual problem with those indicators is the switch on the rear of the gearbox gets wet inside so maybe it was still full of ice from that cold place you tried to go skiing. The water may have been condensing of and caused the stupidity but next time you do a spline lube remove the switch (it's behind the swingarm) and bake it in a nice hot sun for a day or so and then clean it with a solvent and cover it with silicone or polyeuthane goo (sika flex) to waterproof it. It works well usually but no guarantees.
-
They also rot and fall apart. They live a tough life down there.
-
The usual problem with those indicators is the switch on the rear of the gearbox gets wet inside so maybe it was still full of ice from that cold place you tried to go skiing.
Bwaahahahaha!!!
The daytime temps were in the 70's, even at altitude, and it barely made it down to the low 40's at night, all this with about 20% humidity.
So.. I don't think water, ice and cold were the problem. But thanks for clueing me in to the location of the switch, maybe it needs cleaning, or just plain replacement. It worked normally for the last 130 miles of this last trip. :hmm: