MOTOBRICK.COM

TECHNICAL MOTOBRICK WRENCHING In Remembrance of Inge K. => The Motobrick Workshop => Topic started by: exscouse on June 10, 2012, 11:16:36 AM

Title: Problem torquing bolts for final drive
Post by: exscouse on June 10, 2012, 11:16:36 AM
Hi guys, I need some help.

I lubed the drive splines of '87  k75s and am reassembling.
I'm trying to do things right but I don't have a lot of tools.
I'm unable to get the torque wrench in place to tighten the bolts connecting the final drive to swing arm because the wrench head is too large a diameter.
How do I torque these bolts? Or is "pretty tight" good enough?

Also, what is the significance of some fasteners having green paint applied? (e.g. Banjo Bolts on brake lines)

Do I need to use thread sealer, and if so when?

I appreciate your help.
Title: Re: Problem torquing bolts for final drive
Post by: frankenduck on June 10, 2012, 11:54:41 AM
The factory uses paint on bolts to confirm they've been torqued correctly.

Just get them good and tight.
Title: Re: Problem torquing bolts for final drive
Post by: exscouse on June 10, 2012, 09:21:42 PM
Thanks, I can do that.
I guess I'm overthinking this.