MOTOBRICK.COM

TECHNICAL MOTOBRICK WRENCHING In Remembrance of Inge K. => The Motobrick Workshop => Topic started by: Duckbubbles on October 10, 2026, 11:57:14 AM

Title: K100RS mirror pod problems
Post by: Duckbubbles on October 10, 2026, 11:57:14 AM
The right hand mirror pod on my '85 K100RS comes loose far too easily.  The top two "studs" allow the mirror to come loose when hitting a decent sized bump when riding.  The mirror doesn't fall completely off (thank heavens) but I need to stop pretty quickly to re-attach it before it can come completely off.

Does anyone know of a fix that will attach the pod more securely?  I know there are tethers that keep the mirror pod from hitting the ground, but I am looking for something else.

Thanks.

Frank
Title: Re: K100RS mirror pod problems
Post by: Ingo on October 10, 2026, 09:23:10 PM
Inside the mirror pod there are "cups" with prongs, fingers or teeth (whatever term you prefer). These grab onto the head that sticks out from the fairing.  Just bend them back with a small flat screwdriver. Be careful and don't overdo it. Considering the age of our bricks they likely just lost tension.