MOTOBRICK.COM

MOTOBRICK RIDING => Photographic Ride Reports => Topic started by: TommyT on April 27, 2023, 08:25:07 AM

Title: Edelweiss Motorcycle tours?
Post by: TommyT on April 27, 2023, 08:25:07 AM
I am considering a tour with Edelweiss, anyone have 1st hand (or 2nd hand) experience with them?
Title: Re: Edelweiss Motorcycle tours?
Post by: mike r on May 29, 2023, 07:40:38 PM
did the high alps tour 2 years ago;  very well run, good roads,good accomadations, good bikes;  fast pace, little too fast for semi-old geezer (me)   one day with rain (take rain gear; dress warm) take extra euros.   
Title: Re: Edelweiss Motorcycle tours?
Post by: TommyT on May 30, 2023, 09:36:09 AM
Thanks for the info. I did sign up for the tour. I am bringing a number of layers to wear.

Fast? humm.

How many were there in your tour? Right I think there will 18 to 20 on this one.
Title: Re: Edelweiss Motorcycle tours?
Post by: mike r on May 30, 2023, 04:59:39 PM
I think there was bout 18;  mostly good folks; only woman was one of our guides.   done any other tours?
Title: Re: Edelweiss Motorcycle tours?
Post by: TommyT on May 30, 2023, 08:25:45 PM
just one in Sicily, small group. fun, great sights.  self tour in AZ and Utah a couple of times.
Title: Re: Edelweiss Motorcycle tours?
Post by: mike r on May 31, 2023, 06:53:27 PM
like to  hear about your AZ & Ut rides; thinking of a similar ride next spring. you keep a record of some kind? u toob? facebook?  or?   
Title: Re: Edelweiss Motorcycle tours?
Post by: frankenduck on May 31, 2023, 09:31:35 PM
UT and AZ: Just grab a map and go riding. Same for any western state. It's all good.
Title: Re: Edelweiss Motorcycle tours?
Post by: TommyT on June 01, 2023, 02:37:02 PM
like to  hear about your AZ & Ut rides; thinking of a similar ride next spring. you keep a record of some kind? u toob? facebook?  or?
I have some routes and places to stay on a google docs. PM me with a email address and I will send you them. I would rent a bike in Phoenix and ride to the various national parks up north. I pretty much did back roads all the way up and back. Generally beautiful the whole way.